The Town Council is scheduled to meet Tuesday night at 7:30 at Town Hall. Here are the agenda highlights:
• Mayor Daniel Champagne and Parks and Recreation Director Bruce Dinnie are scheduled to recognize the outstanding volunteer coach and the Distinguished Service Award winners both for a business and individual.
• Recognition of Recreation Supervisor Bruce Watt for winning the Your Professional Award from the Connecticut Recreation and Park Association.
• Mayor's report.
• Request for a waiver of bid for the acquisition, construction and installation of a picnic pavilion at Henry Park.
• Request for permission to dispose of fixed assets from the Department of Public Works.
• Request the Town Council authorize Mayor Daniel Champagne to execute any and all documents relative to the agreement between the Town of Vernon and Cardinal Engineering Associates for consulting engineering services for the design of the reconstruction of South Street.
• Request the Town Council authorize Mayor Daniel Champagne or his designee to apply for a DECD Municipal Brownfield Assessment and Inventory Grant in the amount of $200,000.