The cupboards are going bare at the Hockanum Valley Community Council's food network.
The council needs to restock the shelves of its Tri-Town Pantry in the aftermath of Hurricane Irene, organizers said.
Donations of food and money are currently being accepted. The pantry serves Vernon, Ellington and Tolland.
The pantry is located at 29 Naek Road, Suite 5a, in Vernon.
Rockville Bank is accepting checks only, made out to HVCC, at all branches
The list of items needed by the Tri-Town Pantry includes:
• Non-perishable food items, such as peanut butter, canned tuna, pasta and sauce, cereal, canned soup, rice, canned vegetables, and apple sauce.
• Beverages, including juice boxes, dry or powdered milk, bottled water, and drink mixes.
• Frozen prepared foods, and meat items which can be frozen such as packaged chicken. Frozen foods should be brought directly to the food pantry, in a frozen state, during the pantry hours.
• Household items and toiletries, such as toilet paper, paper towels, plastic wrap, soap, toothpaste, and shampoo.
Food pantry officials said that Donations should be in cans, boxes, plastic containers, or other sealed packages and expiration dates should be checked. The pantry cannot accept any items past their expiration date.
The Tri-Town Pantry is open:
• Monday from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Tuesday from 10a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 4 to 6 p.m.
• Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Friday from 9 a.m. to noon.
If the Pantry is closed, donations may be brought to the administrative office, located behind the Pantry. Normal office hours are Monday through Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
School Supplies are also needed.