Patch is looking for bloggers for the winter sports season, whether it be youth, high school, college, or professional.
What does blogging for Patch entail? Not much, really.
- Blogging is quick, easy, and free.
- You can blog as much or as little as you wish. No deadlines or requirements.
- All you have to do is enjoy sharing your voice!
With the new Patch platform, blogs are automatically featured front-and-center on the Vernon Patch homepage. As soon as you post, the community can join your discussion. How cool is that?
After your blog is live, feel free to promote it on your Facebook and Twitter account. We'll share your post with the community in our daily newsletter and our Facebook page.
Go to the Vernon Patch homepage.
- Click on "Join" on the upper right side of the page.
- Follow the simple instructions to confirm your account.
- Log in and click on your name in the upper right.
- Click on "Edit Profile" on the right and add a photo and a brief bio.
Second, here’s how to start a blog:
Once you’re logged in, go to the homepage.
- On the homepage, scroll down to the "Who's Blogging?" section.
- Click on the "Start blogging" button.
- Complete setup by inputting the name of your blog, description, and choosing or uploading a blog icon image.
- Click on "Create your blog."
- Now you can either "Write your first post," "Dress up your blog," or tell people about it.
- For your post, click "Article" and then add a title, a photo, and then your text in the body of the article.
- Click "Post Now," or if you are not ready to post, save it as a draft and come back to it later.
Patch bloggers are not paid and they own the content they produce. So if you are already blogging and want to share with our readers, too, let us know.
Have questions about blogging on Patch? E-mail Community Editor Erin Quinlan at Erin.Quinlan@patch.com.