The Vernon Parks and Recreation has opened registration for the annual Mother's Day Dash race.
This year's event is scheduled for Sunday, May 12, at 9:30 a.m. at Henry Park. The 5K, 3.1-mile race is run on a flat, measured course at the park.
Race proceeds will benefit the Send-A-Kid To Camp charity, the Vernon Teen Center, the Police Explorers and the Robert J. Bonadies Rockville High School Scholarship Fund.
The race features:
• A free T-shirt for those registered by April 19.
• Prizes to the first three finishers in 16 divisions.
• Free raffle prizes at award ceremony (must be present).
• A runners packet stuffed with goodies.
• Refreshments at end of the race.
• Music before and after the race.
• Prizes for Mother-Son and Mother-Daughter Divisions.
More information - including a registration form, entry fees and a map of the course - can be found on the attached PDF file
Click here for the online registration form.