The proposed school system budget for the 2013-14 fiscal year stands at $51.5 million heading into Monday's scheduled approval vote by the Board of Education.
It is part of a budget meeting scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at the school administration building.
The bottom line, approved at Wednesday's budget workshop, is $51,619,796. The number represents a $3,438,799 - or 7.14 percent - increase over the $48,180,997 budget for the current fiscal year.
Here is the summary of the actions taken Wednesday. Reductions are noted parenthetically.
• Medical Insurance, ($167,399).
• Medical Insurance - MLR return, ($92,126).
• Pension, ($10,000).
• Other Professional and Technical CA Technology, ($89,343).
• Unemployment Compensation, ($10,000).
• Prescription Drugs, ($20,000).
• Restore 26 laptops for staff, $30,420.
• Restore eight smart boards, $29,360.
• Repair Instructional Equipment - various accounts, ($10,000).
• Electric Utility ($30,000).
• Workers' Compensation, $40,000.
• Diesel Fuel - Buses, ($15,000).
• Painting Supplies - ($3,000).
• Assistant Football Coach, ($4,920.00)
Total adjustments - $352,008.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something