The sounds of marching bands from the Rockville High School stadium could be heard in several areas of town well into the night on Saturday.
Yes, it was the annual RHS Festival of Bands.
Here are a few highlights from the show:
• It was the 20th anniversary Festival of Bands show at Rockville High School.
• 13 bands from Connecticut and Massachusetts competed and were judged based on USBands classification and criteria (the results and judging criteria are attached).
• The RHS Marching Ram Band performed for exhibition only.
• The Central Connecticut State University Blue Devil Marching Band performed for exhibition.
• The University of Massachusetts Minuteman Band, featuring 398 musicians and color guard members, concluded the show.
• Nearly 1,000 musicians and color guard members took part in the competition.
• It was standing room only - it was estimated that there were upwards of 2,000 spectators.
Alyssa McDonald has provided a gallery of images from the festival.