The original murder mystery productions presented by members of the Rockville High School Drama and Creative Writers clubs have become a lively tradition.
This year's version - "It’s a Not So Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood" is scheduled to be performed on Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. in the RHS auditorium.
The question presented will be, "Which beloved cartoon character has murdered Innocence?"
The Detective, Nicholas Bartos, is leading the investigation of the following suspects:
• Vicky the Babysitter – played by Courtney West.
• Angelica Pickles – played by Christiane Lee.
• Bob the Builder – played by Ryan Fujimoto.
• Oscar the Grouch – played by Marissa Fujimoto
• Kim Possible – played by Chelsea Poloski.
• SpongeBob SquarePants – played by Andrew Uzdejczyk.
• Blossom, Buttercup, & Bubbles (The Power Puff Girls) – played by Erin Gonyeau, Deanna Pelligrino and Julia Bonadies.
• Jimmy Neutron – played by Nicholas Thierfeldt.
• Dora – played by Megan Chabre.
• Elmo – played by Tim Lyons.
The writers are Allison Hawley, Lisa Mueller, Lauren Silver and Courtney West. Victoria Nordlund and Gabbi Mendelsohn are co-directors.
The annual murder mystery has always taken an interactive approach. Audience members have an opportunity during the intermission to cast a vote for the identity of the murderer, and if they're right, they have a chance to win a prize.
Tickets for the show are $7 and will be sold at the door. Extra raffle tickets are $1 per ticket.
Free refreshments will be served during intermission.