The Town Council is scheduled meet tonight at 7:30 at Town Hall.
Here are the agenda highlights:
• Citizens forum.
• Public Hearing - to hear comment and answer questions relative to a proposed ordinance entitled "an ordinance regulating the collection of solid waste."
• Public hearing - to hear comment and answer questions relative to a proposed ordinance entitled "an ordinance regulating source separation of designated recyclable material."
• Proclamation from Mayor George Apel to Kim Doughtie, manager of Park West Apartments, for her leadership with the Summer Lunch Program.
• Proclamation from Mayor George Apel to Jill Miriam, President of Key Hyundai, Talcottville Road, Vernon for her contribution to the summer Book Mobile program.
• Mayor's report.
• Mayoral re-appointment of Harry Dan Boyko as a special constable, said term to commence on Nov. 7 and expires on Dec. 31, 2014.
• Request for a seven-year tax abatement for construction of Candlewood Suites Hotel at 355, 359 and 361 Kelly Road.
• Request that the Town Council authorize Mayor George Apel or his designee to apply for an EPA Brownfields Assessment Grant in the amount of
• Request the Town Council authorize Mayor George Apel to apply for an
EPA Brownfields Community Wide Assessment Grant in the amount of
$200,000 for the assessment of the Amberbelle Mill.
• Request the Town Council authorize Mayor George F. Apel to apply for an
EPA Areawide Planning Grant in the amount of $200,000 for Amerbelle
• Establishment of a Blight Special Revenue Fund.
• Mayoral appointment - director of information and communication technology.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something