The town has found a home for some aged Department of Public Works vehicles.
JDC Enterprises, a South Windsor-based business related to the excavating contractor industry, submitted the winning bid of $24,000 for five trucks.
Other companies submitting bids for the trucks were Day Garage Truck and Equipment Sales Inc. of South Windsor ($21,000) and Nutmeg International Trucks Inc., which has outlets in North Franklin and West Springfield ($18,000).
The Town Council approved the bid of JDC.
Proceeds of the sale will be placed into the town's general fund.
The trucks are:
• A 1995 International Dump Truck purchased in January of 1996 for $70,879.
• A 1996 International Dump Truck purchased in January of 1996 for $70,879.
• A 1993 International Dump Truck purchased in January or 2003 for $69,743.
• A 1989 International Dump Truck purchased in January of that year for $79,575.
• A 1991 A 1989 International Dump Truck purchased in January of that year for $84,000.
A report to the council said the trucks "have all exceeded their useful life for town-related services."
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something