Bids are being reviewed for a project to reconstruct South Street from Vernon Avenue to West Street, Mayor George Apel said in his report to the Town Council on Tuesday.
A budget and timetable will be released when the bid is awarded.
Other highlights of the mayor's report include:
• About 80 percent of the town's new data processing system is complete.
• Public safety officials have been inspecting multi-family homes in Rockville, particularly on Ward and High streets.
• Five positrons have been filled at the police department.
• At the Department of Public Works, three new dump trucks are being prepped for service.
• DPW workers have been busy renovating the finance office, located on the second floor at Town Hall.
After a crash on Grier Road, signs are being placed on both sides of a curvy area.