Bids are being reviewed for a project to reconstruct South Street from Vernon Avenue to West Street, Mayor George Apel said in his report to the Town Council on Tuesday.
A budget and timetable will be released when the bid is awarded.
Other highlights of the mayor's report include:
• About 80 percent of the town's new data processing system is complete.
• Public safety officials have been inspecting multi-family homes in Rockville, particularly on Ward and High streets.
• Five positrons have been filled at the police department.
• At the Department of Public Works, three new dump trucks are being prepped for service.
• DPW workers have been busy renovating the finance office, located on the second floor at Town Hall.
After a crash on Grier Road, signs are being placed on both sides of a curvy area.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something