A Vernon man is facing several drug-related charges after members of the East Central Narcotics Task Force executed a search warrant at
18 East St. on Thursday, according to a task force news release.
Task force members had received information about drug activity occurring
inside the residence, and were able to secure a search warrant, the release states.
Northeast School is located down the road at 69 East St.
Once inside the residence, task force members found evidence of a
"marijuana grow operation," the release indicates.
Task force members seized more than 27 marijuana plants weighing about 4 pounds, scales, packaging, lights, fans, a .50 caliber black
powder gun and other paraphernalia, police said.
The task force news release said there were three juveniles inside the residence during the search warrant execution, and the state Department of Children and Families was notified.
A resident of the address, identified as Randy Colburn, 48, was taken into custody without incident, according to the news release.
Colburn is a convicted felon, and has an extensive criminal history in
Connecticut, according to the news release.
Police said the charges are:
• Possession of more than 4 ounces of marijuana.
• Possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
• Cultivation of marijuana.
• Operating a drug factory.
• Possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Possession of Drugs within 1,500 feet of a school
• Possession of Drugs with the intent to sell within 1,500 feet of a school.
• Possession of drug paraphernalia within 1,500 feet of a school.
• Three counts of risk of injury to a child.
He was being held on a $75,000 surety bond Thursday night, police said.