A Village Street Resident was taken into custody and is facing a book load of drug-related charges after a raid on Thursday, according to a news release issued by the East Central Narcotics Task Force.
The task force is a cooperative effort between the Vernon, Manchester, South Windsor and Glastonbury police departments.
Task force members were informed that there was narcotic activity taking place at 39 Village Street, and were able to secure a search warrant for the dwelling, according to the news release.
Marijuana, scales and packaging were seized in the raid, according to the news release.
Victor Rivera, 19, who lives on the first floor of the Village Street residence, was taken into custody, police said.
The task force said he was charged with:
• Possession of marijuana.
• Possession of marijuana with the intent to sell
• Operating a drug factory.
• Possession of drugs within 1,500 feet of a day care.
• Possession of drugs with the intent to sell within 1,500 feet of a day care.
• Possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Possession of drug paraphernalia within 1,500 feet of a day care.
The bond was set at $25,000.00, surety, police said.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.