The renovated Vernon Stop & Shop will officially show off its new look after a Friday ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The ribbon is scheduled to be cut at 9 a.m. by municipal and corporate officials and it will begin a series of events commemorating the renovations.
Stop & Shop is hosting a variety of grand opening activities this weekend, and next weekend.
The 82,000 square-foot store will feature what Stop & Shop officials are calling, "a variety of innovative solutions and ongoing savings to make shopping both easier and affordable."
Some of those features are:
• SCAN IT! shopping tools: hand-held devices in store or the SCAN IT! Mobile that allows customers to scan, tally and receive personalized savings while they shop. The app is available for free to iPhone 3GS, 4G, 4S, 5 and most Android users.
• A selection of natural and organics, triple in size.
• An expanded seafood department.
• A greater selection of frozen entrees along with double the selection of beverages and snacks.
Additional activities and promotions for customers include:
• The Passport Program: Customers can travel and tour designated areas of the store, sample food through taste tests, and collect stamps along the way. The hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15 and Sunday, Dec. 16, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Brands Patrol: Stop & Shop is giving away $1,000 worth of prizes through its Stop & Shop Brands Patrol. Customers who purchase Nature’s Promise and Stop & Shop brand products could win a $10 Stop & Shop gift card. Up to $500 a day will be given away. THe hours are noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 22 and Sunday, Dec.23.
The Vernon Stop & Shop located at 10 Pitkin Rd.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something