Here is a list of activities for the Vernon Winterfest, sponsored by the town's Parks and Recreation Department and the Rockville Community Alliance:
Friday, Dec. 2
• 6:15 p.m.: Torchlight fire truck parade in Rockville, tree lighting, carol sing, refreshments.
• 7:30 p.m.: Jacob’s Well Coffeehouse at Bev's Corner, featuring the Union Congregational Church’s Praise Team singing holiday songs.
Saturday, Dec. 3
• 9 a.m. to noon: Children’s Holiday Festival at the Teen Center sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Department. It is open to children 10 and younger and children 4 and younger must be accompanied by a person 16 or older. Activities include crafts, cookie decorating, holiday movies and a moon bounce. Admission is with an unwrapped toy for donation. Pre-registration is required by calling 860-870-3520.
• 11:00 a.m.: A memorial program will take place for Bret Penny entitled “Mr. Charles Dickens” at Union Congregational Church. Contact JudithBeaudreau@gmail.com for more information.
• 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.: Santa and Mrs Claus will be at Town Hall.
• 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.: Holiday decoration-making with the Girl Scouts at Bev’s Corner for for children 4 through 12, accompanied by an adult.
• 1 p.m.: Arctic Splash, sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Department. Pre-registration is required by calling 860-870-3520.
• 2 p.m.: Thyme for Tea: The Rockville Community Alliance is sponsoring a tea with finger foods in a historic Victorian home. A second seating is scheduled for 4 p.m. Admission is $10. Pre-registration required by calling 860-646-5320.
Saturday, Dec. 10
• 2 to 4 p.m.: Free musical concert at Union Church by Mike Kachuba and Jeff McQuillan, former Connecticut troubadours. The show will feature both holiday and non-holiday tunes, including songs from the new release: “New Songs of Old Vernon. Light refreshments will be served.
Sunday, Dec. 18
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.: A coat, hat, scarf and mitten collection by the Democratic Town Committee at Mitchell’s Restaurant on Route 30. Donations should be clean, “gently used” and new winter apparel for men, women and children. Food and coffee will be served.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something