Volunteer Research Position in Psychology
Anxiety Disorders Center
The Institute of Living, Hartford Hospital
The Anxiety Disorders Center is seeking a motivated, dependable undergraduate to assist with research studies and database management. The student will be involved in research on anxiety disorders, hoarding disorder, substance abuse, cognitive behavioral therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and neuroimaging. Opportunities are available to attend grand rounds, research meetings, observe study intakes and MRI sessions.
· Prepare and maintain study records
· Data entry using SPSS and excel
· Literature review to gather research information
· Participant recruitment for studies
· Basic knowledge of psychology and research methodology
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
· Psychology or Neuroscience major preferred
· Minimum GPA 3.0
· Minimum time commitment of 8-10 hours per week
· Experience using SPSS and Excel
Interested applicants please email a cover letter and CV/resume to:
At the Anxiety Disorders Center, we are proud to be able to deliver the most effective treatments available.
We know they are effective because of research studies that have tested how well the treatments have helped people with anxiety problems.
Research is also important so that we can better understand how anxiety problems develop and are maintained. Research such as this, tells us about the nature of anxiety problems so that we can continue to improve our treatments in the future.
To learn more about our treatment and research, please visit the link below: